( Also know as Isha Yoga Center, 30.9 KMs from Coimbatore )
Over 15,000 years ago, predating all religion, Adiyogi, the first Yogi, transmitted the science of Yoga to his seven disciples, the Saptarishis. He expounded 112 ways through which human beings can transcend their limitations and reach their ultimate potential. Adiyogi’s offerings are tools for individual transformation, as individual transformation is the only way to transform the world. His fundamental message is that “in is the only way out” for human wellbeing and liberation.
On the auspicious night of Mahashivaratri at Isha Yoga Center, an iconic face of “Adiyogi – the Source of Yoga” was unveiled by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Recognized as the world’s largest bust sculpture by the Guinness World Records, the face of Adiyogi is 112 feet high, representing the 112 ways he offered for one to attain to wellbeing and one’s Ultimate nature. Installed near the Adiyogi is the Yogeshwar Linga, which was consecrated by Sadhguru, as manifestation of five of the major chakras in the human system. Adiyogi, with the presence of the Yogeshwar Linga, has become a living entity.
Adiyogi Alayam has been specially consecrated and structured by Sadhguru to revive the science of classical yoga in all its glory and purity. At the core of the Alayam is the Adiyogi, a linga made of solidified mercury. The energy of this consecrated form fuels ones inner exploration of the yogic sciences.
The vibrant space of the Adiyogi Alayam supports the Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program, a 21 week intensive program held annually in which participants from around the world are trained to teach classical Hatha Yoga. In addition, the Alayam provides a venue for introductory to advanced courses including Samyama, an 8-day silence program which enables participants to reach heightened levels of consciousness and experience explosive states of meditativeness.
PROGRAMS AT ADIYOGI ALAYAM
Can be visited all year but April to October is quite a good time to learn yoga and meditation.
If you are travelling by air, Coimbatore International Airport is the nearest airport which is nearly 41 km away from the destination. Coimbatore Airport is well-served by both domestic and international tourists. From the airport, opt for a private or a shared taxi to get to this popular attraction.
Approximately 29 km away is the Coimbatore Junction Railway Station.
Choose to travel by road if you want to feel the magic of Ooty on your way. There are several private and government-owned buses that operate daily for the convenience of tourists. You can also hire a private vehicle from one of the leading car rental companies in Ooty for hassle-free commutation within the hill station. However, the entry of the vehicles up to the falls is not allowed, so one must need to trek to reach Catherine Falls.
There are several options to explore nearby Catherine Falls apart from witnessing the views it beholds. You can take assistance from our team to plan your itinerary as per your holiday duration. The top 5 places to visit in Coonoor are:
1. Dolphin’s Nose: Visit Dolphin’s Nose viewpoint to admire the lush greenery, majestic waterfalls and awe-inspiring mountains from the top. Here you can also overlook the unobstructed view of the natural beauty along with the tea plantations.
2. Rallia Dam: Another equally fasciation attraction is Rallia Dam, where you can spot a wide variety of animals such as Bisons and Malabar Squirrels in the forest. It is a short drive away from Catherine Falls.
3. Sim’s Park: Be sure to take a short stroll at Sim’s Park whenever you are on your Ooty tour. Nestled on the slope of the hill, the park offers 1000 plus species of colourful flowers and plants. It is just 6 km away from Dolphin’s Nose.
4. Government Botanical Park: Have a fun time with your family at Government Botanical Garden. Spreading over an area of 55 acres, the garden is mainly visited by people for educating their children about nature conservation.
5. Upper Bhavani Lake: Treat your eyes with picturesque views at Upper Bhavani Lake. An ideal spot for nature lovers, the Upper Bhavani Lake is just like heaven on earth. Unlike other attractions, it is a less-crowded place in Coonoor.