( The popular place to visit the Anaimalai Hills of the Western Ghats. It is about 65 kilometers (40 mi) from Coimbatore.)
The large number of people travel to different parts of the country for pilgrimages and trips every year as a part of their beliefs and traditions. A popular destination in such trips is the Anubhavi Subramaniar Temple located in Coimbatore. The natural aura and the breathtaking landscape surrounding the temple makes this the perfect location for a recreating and relaxing weekend.
The very first thing to do here is to reach the top of the mountain at which this temple is situated, and once reaching on top, you would be able to see a spectacular view of the surrounding city and its outskirts. Also, the different colored statues related to Hindu mythology and the lush greenery that covers this temple makes it a very good location for photography and trekking activities. A good number of travelers come from different cities and countries to enjoy the serenity of this place and the fresh soothing effect of taking a bath in the spring originating from the hills. This temple also offers you an opportunity to see some of the deities worshipped by the people, and the different reasons and requests that the visitors bring with them. The mountain area also is a popular tourist spot for camping, understanding the different species of wildlife, several adventure activities, and much more.
1. There are more than 500 steps that you must take to reach this temple from the foot hills, so make sure that you don’t have any serious ailments because reaching this temple is no easy task.
2. Do not throw anything here and there. It is your responsibility to keep the place clean and green
3. Also, carrying a good amount of water and other necessary supplies with you is advisable.
If you are travelling by air, Coimbatore International Airport is the nearest airport which is nearly 50 km away from the destination. Coimbatore Airport is well-served by both domestic and international tourists. From the airport, opt for a private or a shared taxi to get to this popular attraction.
Approximately 33 km away is the Mettupalayam Railway Station and around 29 km away is the Ooty Railway Station. You can enjoy a train service at any of the stations. These 2 stations connect Ooty with the metro cities of India such as Kochi, Jaipur, Puri, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Kanyakumari and more. After arriving in Ooty, experience the further journey through Nilgiri Toy Train to have the best time of your life.
Choose to travel by road if you want to feel the magic of Ooty on your way. There are several private and government-owned buses that operate daily for the convenience of tourists. You can also hire a private vehicle from one of the leading car rental companies in Ooty for hassle free commutation within the hill station. However, the entry of the vehicles up to the falls is not allowed, so one must need to trek to reach Catherine Falls.
There are several options to explore nearby Aliyar apart from witnessing the views it beholds. You can take assistance from our team to plan your itinerary as per your holiday duration. The top 5 places to visit in Coonoor are:
1. Dolphin’s Nose: Visit Dolphin’s Nose viewpoint to admire the lush greenery, majestic waterfalls and awe-inspiring mountains from the top. Here you can also overlook the unobstructed view of the natural beauty along with the tea plantations.
2. Rallia Dam: Another equally fasciation attraction is Rallia Dam, where you can spot a wide variety of animals such as Bisons and Malabar Squirrels in the forest. It is a short drive away from Aliyar Dam.
3. Sim’s Park: Be sure to take a short stroll at Sim’s Park whenever you are on your Ooty tour. Nestled on the slope of the hill, the park offers 1000 plus species of colourful flowers and plants. It is just 6 km away from Dolphin’s Nose.
4. Government Botanical Park: Have a fun time with your family at Government Botanical Garden. Spreading over an area of 55 acres, the garden is mainly visited by people for educating their children about nature conservation.
5. Upper Bhavani Lake: Treat your eyes to picturesque views at Upper Bhavani Lake. An ideal spot for nature lovers, the Upper Bhavani Lake is just like heaven on earth. Unlike other attractions, it is a less-crowded place in Coonoor.