( The popular place to visit The dam is located in the foothills of Valparai, in the Anaimalai Hills of the Western Ghats. It is about 65 kilometers (40 mi) from Coimbatore.)
Nehru Park is one of the famous public parks in Coimbatore. It is famous for its lush green surroundings and a soothing ambiance. It is regarded as an ideal spot for walking, jogging, and performing yoga. People of all the age groups visit this park on a daily basis. This place is perfect for spending the leisure time.
1) Nehru Park is named after the first PM of India, Jawaharlal Nehru. This park has his statue that is garlanded on his birth and death anniversary
2) A majority of the visitors visit this park every day. Since this park sprawls over acres of land, a separate section for kids exists in the park
3) The walking track is smoothly paved that makes it comfortable for the ones that come for a walk or jogging
4) A small artificial lake is also located within the park premises where one can find beautiful white swans
1. Carry enough food and water bottles with you. There are no eateries available around the location.
2. Do not throw anything here and there. It is your responsibility to keep the place clean and green
3. Wear comfortable shoes to enjoy your trek the most. Make sure that you have the prior permission for the Jungle Safari from the local forest officer.
If you are travelling by air, Coimbatore International Airport is the nearest airport which is nearly 50 km away from the destination. Coimbatore Airport is well-served by both domestic and international tourists. From the airport, opt for a private or a shared taxi to get to this popular attraction.
Approximately 33 km away is the Mettupalayam Railway Station and around 29 km away is the Ooty Railway Station. You can enjoy a train service at any of the stations. These 2 stations connect Ooty with the metro cities of India such as Kochi, Jaipur, Puri, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Kanyakumari and more. After arriving in Ooty, experience the further journey through Nilgiri Toy Train to have the best time of your life.
Choose to travel by road if you want to feel the magic of Ooty on your way. There are several private and government-owned buses that operate daily for the convenience of tourists. You can also hire a private vehicle from one of the leading car rental companies in Ooty for hassle free commutation within the hill station. However, the entry of the vehicles up to the falls is not allowed, so one must need to trek to reach Catherine Falls.