( The popular place to visit the Anaimalai Hills of the Western Ghats. It is about 65 kilometers (40 mi) from Coimbatore.)
Mundhi Vinayagar Temple, dedicated to Lord Ganesha, is also called Arulmigu Mundhi Vinayagar Temple located in Puliakulam district of Coimbatore. The most important feature of the grand temple that makes is a major attraction in the city is the idol of Lord Ganesha which, at the height of 20 feet and width of 11 feet, is the largest idol of the deity carved in stone. Because of its size, the magnificent idol is also Asia’s largest idol of Lord Ganesh. The temple is located on a bustling main road and provides for a quick escape from the chaos. The majestic aura of Lord Ganesha cannot be missed even from outside the temple. Devotees are drawn to the temple in large numbers to absorb the divine power of the lord.
The temple priests perform all the important poojas on several occasions and request of the devotees. Lord Ganesha is often offered prayers before beginning any important venture in Hindus and performing poojas and offering flowers and coconuts before starting a work day is believed to be highly auspicious. The deity, also known as Vignaharta, is also associated with relieving suffering and pain. The idol of Lord Ganesha is an illustration of attentive work and mathematical calculation as well. The sculptors who created the idol are said to have gone through a meticulous search operation to choose the right stone and then carve and move the idol to the location of the temple. The dedication of the sculptors can be seen in the majestic aura of the idol.
1. Do not throw anything here and there. It is your responsibility to keep the place clean and green
2. Also, carrying a good amount of water and other necessary supplies with you is advisable.
If you are travelling by air, Coimbatore International Airport is the nearest airport which is nearly 50 km away from the destination. Coimbatore Airport is well-served by both domestic and international tourists. From the airport, opt for a private or a shared taxi to get to this popular attraction.
Approximately 33 km away is the Mettupalayam Railway Station and around 29 km away is the Ooty Railway Station. You can enjoy a train service at any of the stations. These 2 stations connect Ooty with the metro cities of India such as Kochi, Jaipur, Puri, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Kanyakumari and more. After arriving in Ooty, experience the further journey through Nilgiri Toy Train to have the best time of your life.
Choose to travel by road if you want to feel the magic of Ooty on your way. There are several private and government-owned buses that operate daily for the convenience of tourists. You can also hire a private vehicle from one of the leading car rental companies in Ooty for hassle free commutation within the hill station. However, the entry of the vehicles up to the falls is not allowed, so one must need to trek to reach Catherine Falls.
There are several options to explore nearby Aliyar apart from witnessing the views it beholds. You can take assistance from our team to plan your itinerary as per your holiday duration. The top 5 places to visit in Coonoor are:
1. Dolphin’s Nose: Visit Dolphin’s Nose viewpoint to admire the lush greenery, majestic waterfalls and awe-inspiring mountains from the top. Here you can also overlook the unobstructed view of the natural beauty along with the tea plantations.
2. Rallia Dam: Another equally fasciation attraction is Rallia Dam, where you can spot a wide variety of animals such as Bisons and Malabar Squirrels in the forest. It is a short drive away from Aliyar Dam.
3. Sim’s Park: Be sure to take a short stroll at Sim’s Park whenever you are on your Ooty tour. Nestled on the slope of the hill, the park offers 1000 plus species of colourful flowers and plants. It is just 6 km away from Dolphin’s Nose.
4. Government Botanical Park: Have a fun time with your family at Government Botanical Garden. Spreading over an area of 55 acres, the garden is mainly visited by people for educating their children about nature conservation.
5. Upper Bhavani Lake: Treat your eyes to picturesque views at Upper Bhavani Lake. An ideal spot for nature lovers, the Upper Bhavani Lake is just like heaven on earth. Unlike other attractions, it is a less-crowded place in Coonoor.