( The popular place to visit the Anaimalai Hills of the Western Ghats. It is about 65 kilometers (40 mi) from Coimbatore.)
Ramar temple at Ramnagar in Coimbatore is located near to the central bus stand in Gandhipuram, about five minutes walk from here. It is a very old temple and it dates back to the origin of this city as a tiny hamlet. The name signifies that this temple is dedicated to Lord Rama. Daily rituals like Upanyasam and various poojas are conducted with regular devotees visiting this temple for worship
Ram Nagar came into being in 1914 and the temple came into existence in 1933. Situated in Ramnagar, the Ramar temple is one of the holy places that attract devotees all year round. Completely dedicated to Lord Ram, the rituals and ceremonies are conducted by deep faith. It is a prominent center of religious discourses and discussions in the city.
The temple is the oldest in the region. A decision to build the temple was taken in 1927 and a 85 cent land was bought in 1928 and kumbabhishekam was performed in 1933. A 53-ft tall five-tier rajagopuram was constructed and scenes from Ramayana have been sculpted in the gopuram.
The Maha Kumbabhishekam of Sri Kothandaramaswamy Temple at Ram Nagar was performed on Feb. 18th 2012.
HH45th Azhagiyasingar of Ahobila Mutt had done mangalaasasanam at this temple.
The Ramar temple is a famous temple situated in Ramnagar closer to the Gandhipuram bus stand in Coimbatore city, Tamil Nadu. Daily events as upanyasam and other poojas will take place in the temple during evening times. Also, some discussions on religious faith and spiritual belief will also take place in the temple during morning or evening hours. The temple is completely dedicated to the lord Rama and quite number of Rama disciples makes their visit to the temple. People will follow the mantras, while the time of their worship and the devotees will sound out “Hare Rama” mantras and thereby feel the real sense of divinity.
1. Do not throw anything here and there. It is your responsibility to keep the place clean and green
2. Also, carrying a good amount of water and other necessary supplies with you is advisable.
If you are travelling by air, Coimbatore International Airport is the nearest airport which is nearly 50 km away from the destination. Coimbatore Airport is well-served by both domestic and international tourists. From the airport, opt for a private or a shared taxi to get to this popular attraction.
Approximately 33 km away is the Mettupalayam Railway Station and around 29 km away is the Ooty Railway Station. You can enjoy a train service at any of the stations. These 2 stations connect Ooty with the metro cities of India such as Kochi, Jaipur, Puri, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Kanyakumari and more. After arriving in Ooty, experience the further journey through Nilgiri Toy Train to have the best time of your life.
Choose to travel by road if you want to feel the magic of Ooty on your way. There are several private and government-owned buses that operate daily for the convenience of tourists. You can also hire a private vehicle from one of the leading car rental companies in Ooty for hassle free commutation within the hill station. However, the entry of the vehicles up to the falls is not allowed, so one must need to trek to reach Catherine Falls.
There are several options to explore nearby Aliyar apart from witnessing the views it beholds. You can take assistance from our team to plan your itinerary as per your holiday duration. The top 5 places to visit in Coonoor are:
1. Dolphin’s Nose: Visit Dolphin’s Nose viewpoint to admire the lush greenery, majestic waterfalls and awe-inspiring mountains from the top. Here you can also overlook the unobstructed view of the natural beauty along with the tea plantations.
2. Rallia Dam: Another equally fasciation attraction is Rallia Dam, where you can spot a wide variety of animals such as Bisons and Malabar Squirrels in the forest. It is a short drive away from Aliyar Dam.
3. Sim’s Park: Be sure to take a short stroll at Sim’s Park whenever you are on your Ooty tour. Nestled on the slope of the hill, the park offers 1000 plus species of colourful flowers and plants. It is just 6 km away from Dolphin’s Nose.
4. Government Botanical Park: Have a fun time with your family at Government Botanical Garden. Spreading over an area of 55 acres, the garden is mainly visited by people for educating their children about nature conservation.
5. Upper Bhavani Lake: Treat your eyes to picturesque views at Upper Bhavani Lake. An ideal spot for nature lovers, the Upper Bhavani Lake is just like heaven on earth. Unlike other attractions, it is a less-crowded place in Coonoor.