( The popular place to visit the Anaimalai Hills of the Western Ghats. It is about 65 kilometers (40 mi) from Coimbatore.)
Coimbatore is one of the biggest cities in South India. The temple of Lord Sri Ayyappa Swami is situated in the mid part of the city,.The devotees are much proud to honour the temple as the Second Sabari Mala. The Siddhapudur Ayyappa Swami Temple is a well known and a famous temple.
Devotees from the other states, they commence their Sabarimala Pilgirimage with the sacred garlanding and “Virtha” the (procedural diet restrictions). During their Pilgrim, they visit Sidhapudur Sri Ayyappa Swamy Temple and stay on account of rest.Then they continue the pilgrimage. And that this temple in considered as a mid-station for rest, to the devotees from all over India. This place is in known for purity and divinity.
This temple has got a noble history of establishment. In the early stage, specifically during 1942 some of the devotees started the Pooja Sang in a simple way of worship through Bhajans. During the traditional Mandal Pooja they started the “Ayyappan Vilakku Pooja”. Then they commenced the Sabari Mala Yathra. This custom was regulated properly and continued in every year.
During 1955, the registration under the society act, took place in the name of “THE COIMBATORE SREE AYYAPPA SEVA SANGAM”. Gradually the development was attended with the guidance of devotees.
In the year 1958, a land to construct a temple was purchased at Siddhapudur. The industrialist Sri Narasi Thulasidas aided further in providing a shed at the temple site. The devotees continued their worship in the shed after installing the portrait of Lord Sri Ayyappaswamy. The Bajans and Poojas were conducted in a proper manner.
1. Do not throw anything here and there. It is your responsibility to keep the place clean and green
2. Also, carrying a good amount of water and other necessary supplies with you is advisable.
If you are travelling by air, Coimbatore International Airport is the nearest airport which is nearly 50 km away from the destination. Coimbatore Airport is well-served by both domestic and international tourists. From the airport, opt for a private or a shared taxi to get to this popular attraction.
Approximately 33 km away is the Mettupalayam Railway Station and around 29 km away is the Ooty Railway Station. You can enjoy a train service at any of the stations. These 2 stations connect Ooty with the metro cities of India such as Kochi, Jaipur, Puri, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Kanyakumari and more. After arriving in Ooty, experience the further journey through Nilgiri Toy Train to have the best time of your life.
Choose to travel by road if you want to feel the magic of Ooty on your way. There are several private and government-owned buses that operate daily for the convenience of tourists. You can also hire a private vehicle from one of the leading car rental companies in Ooty for hassle free commutation within the hill station. However, the entry of the vehicles up to the falls is not allowed, so one must need to trek to reach Catherine Falls.
There are several options to explore nearby Aliyar apart from witnessing the views it beholds. You can take assistance from our team to plan your itinerary as per your holiday duration. The top 5 places to visit in Coonoor are:
1. Dolphin’s Nose: Visit Dolphin’s Nose viewpoint to admire the lush greenery, majestic waterfalls and awe-inspiring mountains from the top. Here you can also overlook the unobstructed view of the natural beauty along with the tea plantations.
2. Rallia Dam: Another equally fasciation attraction is Rallia Dam, where you can spot a wide variety of animals such as Bisons and Malabar Squirrels in the forest. It is a short drive away from Aliyar Dam.
3. Sim’s Park: Be sure to take a short stroll at Sim’s Park whenever you are on your Ooty tour. Nestled on the slope of the hill, the park offers 1000 plus species of colourful flowers and plants. It is just 6 km away from Dolphin’s Nose.
4. Government Botanical Park: Have a fun time with your family at Government Botanical Garden. Spreading over an area of 55 acres, the garden is mainly visited by people for educating their children about nature conservation.
5. Upper Bhavani Lake: Treat your eyes to picturesque views at Upper Bhavani Lake. An ideal spot for nature lovers, the Upper Bhavani Lake is just like heaven on earth. Unlike other attractions, it is a less-crowded place in Coonoor.